Wednesday 27 April 2016

My experienceof the reassessment by Sanjay Vaja

I use hand controls and had noticed certain manoeuvres were getting slightly trickier. I was also thinking about the future should it get more difficult to use the brakes. After speaking with Sue I booked a driving assessment at the Wales Centre as I thought it would be good to see what new technology is on the market and see what they can suggest. As we all know, these things can take a very long time to make it from assessment to sitting on our driveways!

I currently use the Jeff Gosling push-pull accelerator-brake hand control, which is basically a mechanical device. In terms of levels of ease and difficulty to use, I was told during the assessment that they were on the difficult side, which was great as it means there are options to make life easier (and safer)!

The assessment was very thorough and lots of options, pros and cons were discussed. The report was likewise very thorough and easy to follow. It’s now over to me to call a few companies and arrange some demos and take it from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment