Monday 1 May 2017

Becoming Mr Sleek by Peter Marley

I decided to concentrate on my weight loss after my relationship ended.  I also had a diabetic check up and was told that I may have to go on insulin.  This made me determined to lose the weight I needed. I was 24st 12lb at the time.

To start with, I lost two stone alone with cutting out treats such as crisps. sweets, biscuits & chocolate. I was asked to go along to Slimming World to support a good friend of mine and then decided to join myself!

I joined in February 2016 weighing 22st 12lb  and set a target to lose 5st with Slimming World (I reached this target within 12 months so 7st loss in all).

The support I have received from the group has been amazing! There have been some great weight losses within the group which has been an inspiration to me.

I have been voted “Young at Heart Slimmer of the Year”, “Man of the Year” and “Mr Sleek” of the group!

At the time of this interview I have lost over 7st and would like to get close to my 16st target - then I would have lost a total 9 stone!

I’m finding that I’m able to move more freely, and physio have said I have more flexibility in my legs. This has give me more confidence in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment