Monday 1 May 2017

Juice Diet by Mark Chapman

For the last 4 years I’ve been on a juice diet on and off. For the weeks when I’m on the juices I just have a juice for my breakfast and lunch, then soup and a sandwich for tea.

Over the 4 years I have lost 3 stone, which makes me feel so much better I no longer have to worry about how I look and my clothes fit better. 

Most of the juices contain avocado, beetroot or banana as the main ingredient because that’s what fills you up. For the breakfast juice I usually have one with a banana, raspberries, blackberries and yoghurt. That’s good for breakfast as its light and it’s a good start to the day like cereal and cereal bars.

There are loads of juice recipes out there, I use a recipe book by Jason Vale who is known as the Juice Master.

My favourite juices are;
  • Carrot, orange and mint.
  • Beetroot, blackberries, apple and lime.
  • Avocado, kale, cucumber, apple and lime.
  • Pear, parsnip, apple and lime.

Many of the recipes contain lemon or lime, this is so that the juices stay fresh because the citric acid in the lemons and limes prevents the juice from oxidising, it also helps makes the juice taste good.
Since I’ve been doing the diet my health and well-being have improved, touching wood I haven’t had a chest infection or a   bad cold in that time.

All the vitamins and minerals within the fruit and vegetables used in the juices have boosted my immune system; this with the weight loss has made me a lot more confident and happy with myself.

The juices have given me more energy. I never feel bloated because the juices are nice and light but they are still filling and you aren’t left feeling hungry. My skin and hair is healthier, it’s a lot smoother, feels and looks stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment