Monday 1 August 2016

Acupuncture - My Experience by Karen Pritchard



I have been having acupuncture for several months now by our Physiotherapist Jonny Smith. This is a treatment that is available to clients at the NMC.
  
At first I was sceptical as I've had this sort treatment before and I didn’t gain from it as much as I thought I would.  Diane Hollister a lady with whom I attend hydrotherapy with had spoken highly to me of her acupuncture sessions with Jonny so, I thought I would give it a go! 

I was on edge the first few sessions.  I found it helpful if I closed my eyes and just simply switch off to everything.  Some days are harder than others but, the end result outweighs this. I feel very sleepy after the treatment, calm and relaxed and my level of pain feels better. I'm able to move my limbs with much more ease. But I would advise not driving home straight away, or if you have to, simply take a break before getting in your vehicle. 

I find that I'm sleeping much better at night since receiving the treatment.  

Diane has acupuncture on her leg and back every fortnight and sometimes her shoulder and finds she has a lot less pain following these sessions along with her hydrotherapy. Diane gains lots of benefits including better nights sleep.  

On one occasion Diane was unable to move her arm in any direction and after one acupuncture session around the neck/shoulder area she gained instant movement along with being pain free.  
I highly recommend this treatment on a regular basis. 

If you are interested please contact Jonny Smith Physiotherapist, NeuroMuscular Centre  
Telephone:  01606 861799 Email: jonathan.smith@nmcentre.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment