Monday 1 August 2016

Useful Cooking Gadgets

Waste Disposal / Recycling
www.IKEA.com
UTRUSTA pull out waste sorting tray    £18 each
Holds various sizes of sorting bin that pull out for easy access



Bar Stool and Pull Out Trays
IKEA Franklin Bar Stool  £25 . 
Tray Runners  www.ironmongerydirect.com (fitter made and installed trays in a couple of hours) In the food preparation area I have a stool and two very useful pull out trays that enable me to get my legs under the working area. Of all the extras I have fitted these have proved most useful.


Taps on the Front of the Sink
www.salonsupplies.co.uk
REM Monobloc Mixing Valve in the front and a standard mono mixer tap at the rear. Total cost about £150  
There is a VOLA unit installed at NMC. Try as I may I could not find anything similar but cheaper on line but my solution was found during a trip to the barbers.


Remote Controlled' Cooker Hood
FSH for me means that raising my arms above my head isn't easy. I was quoted £1500 for a fully functional remote controlled cooker hood. Instead I opted for a HOTPOINT hood which I am able to control it from switch which was installed in the bank of labelled switches.

Moving Heavy Appliances on Worktop Bench
SMULA Tray IKEA £1 
I am less able to lift appliances from drawers and a simple solution that works for me is to “store” them out of the way on the worktop is such a way that I can slide them to a more accessible position when I need them. My simple cheap solution another IKEA purchase.

Cooking Baskets 
Pans of hot water are heavy and dangerous. Wire baskets used for frying chips, make it easy to strain the vegetables, as long as they are not peas, without moving the pan.

We are grateful to Rodger Marshall for providing all the suggestions apart from the cooking baskets.
For the next edition we are looking for websites and products along our theme of keeping safe. Please forward any suggestions to jon.mcvey@nmcentre.com

No comments:

Post a Comment